Nicholas was born and grew up in Moscow in 1992. Hi dancing since 2009. Now he is a fully working on becoming a professional dancer and teacher. In his childhood, he loved being on stage, initially as a singer but later made the transition having realized that he has a tendency to dance like a dancer.
Nicholas’s developed a passion for dancing because of the following reasons:
1) Loved the creativity of Michael Jackson
2) Films about dances
3) Familiarity with Jackson Pierre.
(Starting Off/Finding His Rhythm In Dancing) Nicholas met the guys from Pang’s Family, who helped him to further improve his dancing skills in Krump. He battled at the M357Battlezone 2010 and shortly after joined the dancing group called the Hawk’s Family. As time went by Mafabi began to learn other new dancing styles such as: Hip-Hop, House, Popping. While Dancing in popular clubs Nicholas met the guys from the band SD Family and was invited to dancing in a music video, which was directed by Pavel Hoodyakov. Nicholas played with the band at various stages: Barhat Night Club, ЖАRА, Playhose, Arena Moscow.
(Growth and Transition) With his ever growing experience and skills he was invite to numerous shooting: Nicholas was shoot in the music video of the artist from Black Star Inc.(famous label in Russia): Music Hayk, the song “Деньги и Слава”(Money and fame). A month later, his good friend at the fitness center, where he worked as administrator, called Mafabi on teach casting to the opening of the fitness center «Physics», which he successfully passed. And so began his teaching career at the age of 18. After a couple months Nicholas started to work at a popular fitness club in Russia – Fitnessmania. After hearing Dancehall music in this club he developed a special love for the beat and the vibe/swag it possess, from there and then he decided that this direction was one that he wanted to go into and have since seek to further improve his craft which he love so much. Now dancehall is a big part of his life. He loves this culture and he trying to be a part of this culture. Now Nicholas living in Atlanta(USA) and teaching at Gotta Dance Atlanta. Nicholas thinks that everybody can dance just find yourself and your energy on groove and basic movements. Don’t matter who you are, don’t matter where are you from if you respect the culture everybody will respect you!
– “M357 Battlezone 2010″(KRUMP) last 16
– “Touch the beat” battle 2012(Dancehall) 2nd place
– Instructor at the Dancehall Seasons in Moscow 2012 with A Ni Mal(France) & Rodrigue Dibakoro(France)
– Russian Dancehall King 2012. Winner
– Instructor(Dancehall) at the “Dancing Village” Dance Camp(Ukraine)
– Instructor and judge(Dancehall) at the “Danceville 2012” with Poppin Pete(USA), Brian Green(USA), Future Ninja(USA), Eric Negron(USA), Ejoe Wilson(USA) and Buddha Stretch(USA)
– Instructor(Dancehall) at the “Crazy Dream” winter camp
– “Get Jiggy Fest 2013” battle(Dancehall) Winner
– Instructor and judge(Dancehall) at the “Nogi v Ruki fest 2013”
– “Dancehall International 2013” 2×2 battle 1/8
– Nominee like “Favorite male Dancehall dancer 2013” by popular Jamaican WEB-site danceja.com
– Instructor and judge(Dancehall) at the “Matreshka Battle 2013” with Physs(France) and B-Dash(USA)
– A lot of workshops in Russia, Ukraine, Poland, France, Spain, Austria etc.
– Worked with Russian pop artists
– Work with Jamaican Dancehall artist: Demarco, I-Octane
– Work with Fiyah Production by Jessica Phoenix
– Was nominee like “Best teacher 2012 and 2013 in Rissia”, “Best choreographer 2012 and 2013 in Russia”, “Best dancer 2012 and 2013 in Russia” by Danceru Awards. dance.ru